Car Repair Disputes

If you have a problem with car repair or servicing work put your complaint in writing to the garage owners and send a copy to any trade association the garage belongs to, asking them to assist you. The association may be able to resolve the dispute.

For advice on codes of conduct and other services, contact the Motor Vehicle Repairers Association:

If the car is still under manufacturer's warranty, then contact the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders: Telephone: 0870 751 8270.

If that doesn't work, you should contact Consumer Direct for advice: Telephone: 08454 04 05 06.